View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 08:26 PM
DaPeeps
Halfway to VIP Status

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: Same Pop3 E-mail Problem

My roomate works for Cox's tech support department, and I remember him telling me last week that Cox has a policy where they do not allow you to send email from outside their network. In other words, if you are not accessing your mail on Cox's internet service, you cannot use their servers. Supposedly its an attempt to stop spam being sent from their servers. He was telling me he got a call from some guy trying to setup his cox email on a blackjack. He had to set him up using the cox pop servers and another smtp server, then set the reply to address as the cox email address.

I KNOW.....this sounds crazy and idiotic.,....but its what he told me. We actually had quite a discussion about it last week, because I think thats just the craziest thing I've ever heard of.

I am going to text him now to verify this.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!

Last edited by DaPeeps; 10-26-2008 at 08:30 PM.