View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 10:22 AM
stroths
VIP & Master of my Domain
Threadstarter

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remapping Hardware Buttons

Using AE Button Plus (AEB), I was able to remap the center of my d-pad (round button). It's listed as the "Enter\Action" button in AEB. I have it set to press Enter on a single press, which is its normal function. On double press, I have it set to close the active application. On triple press, it runs outlook and on long press it runs the WKTask popup launcher.

You can also remap the volume up/down buttons as mentioned in the 1st post and the long send key (bottom-left phone button). I have my long send button mapped to a flashlight app called TorchButton The Home and <-- buttons are a bit more tricky. If you are not running T3D, you can use AEB to create a button for the Home key and it will work for you. If you are running T3D, it doesn't seem to work. The <-- button is the same story.

I'm hoping that someone (i.e. no2chem) can figure out a way take control of the Home and <- buttons.

My current Setup

Power
Short Press - Unchanged (put device to sleep/default behavior)
Long Press - Toggles Vibrate/Ringer using app called v_vibrate. Long Press is not programmable by AEB. Done using the "Long_Power.lnk" link (2nd method in 1st post).

Items below all programmed with AEB

Center D-Pad Button (circle)
Single Click - Press Enter
Double Click - Close current app (not minimize, but close)
Triple Click - Launch Outlook email
Long Press - WKTask Launcher

Send Key (bottom-left phone button)
Long Press - Launch Flashlight app (Torchbutton)

I will probably program the reset of the send key buttons (single, double, triple click) as well as the phone end key and the volume buttons. Just haven't decided what I want to do with them yet.

Last edited by stroths; 10-26-2008 at 10:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.