gatolsf
PPCGeeks Regular

gatolsf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Keyboard problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharvey View Post
I tried that a few times before I realized that the G-Sensor does not seem to be the problem. I say that because the screen will rotate fine and stay that way in Opera and Sprint TV (when the keyboard is closed).

The strange part is that the problem does not happen all the time. I just opened up "Notes" and if I flip the keyboard open it is working just fine. I was able to type a note using the keyboard and it worked fine. I could open and close the keyboard and it worked as expected.

Then I closed the keyboard, closed notes, and tried to send a text message using the keyboard. Now it is flipping again. I close the text messaging app and go back to Notes and now it will not work as before. Very strange.

I also noticed that if I let the phone sit there with the keyboard open and the screen flipping back and forth every second that the phone never turns off the screen and sleeps (like it does if you let it sit for about 30 seconds normally). It is being kept awake because it thinks I am opening and closing the keyboard constantly.

Here is a link to a video demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh2yvLHAYbg
i'll say take it back and get another one.