View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 PM
boobman
PPCGeeks Regular

boobman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Corrupt MicroSD card fix!

Like many of you have had my memory card corrupted for a second time now. This is not a 100% and not even really a fix, but hopefully you will be able to get your lost pics or whatever else you lost.

As soon as you realize something is missing or wrong with your card DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING ELSE TO THE CARD. Your files are still there but something has went wrong. If you write anything onto your card you could possibly be overwriting the files you want to get back.

1. You need to install Flash format. Do not use your corrupted memory card to do this.
2. Open the program and go to verify and repair. This may take a while. Eventually it will find all the corrupted files left on the card and give them numerical names with a chk file extension.
3. Move all the new .chk files to a safe place and run an app or bat file to rename the extensions ie .jpg for picture files.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find anything helpful when i was looking and just got lucky that the app i was using to format my card found some of my lost pics. Also i think its worth noting that I think the card gets corrupted while the vogue writes to the memory card so if it keeps happening to you try to keep apps off the card. It happened to me a while ago while running android. And i just now got around to formatting the card.

Last edited by boobman; 10-18-2008 at 09:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.