Thread: Retentions
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:25 PM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Retentions

I know you might flame me, and there are a few posts on this as well, but I have to ask...

I have had it with my Mogul. Granted, it is a great device, but it is absolutely unusable at this point.

I won't lie, my goal IS to get a Touch Pro, but I just want something that works.

For example, yesterday, my tire blew out. I pulled out my phone to call AAA, and I had to wait for it to reboot because the damned thing was frozen in sleep mode.

I was wondering if calling retentions would help me at all. I already talked to a CSR, but she said to talk to asurion. Here is what I said, and what I probably will say when I talk to Retentions:

Hello, I am having some serious issues with my phone. I have already spoken with customer service, and there is nothing you can do for me. I think I might have to cancel my contract to get a phone that works.

Now, I do know how to use the Windows Mobile interface on my HTC Mogul, however there are some serious issues here. First I have to say that I do not want anyone to feel as if I am angered at them personally, however I am angered at the device. I appreciate anything you can do for me because I have just about had it with this phone. I have taken it in for a battery replacement [the charge would hold for about 2 hours of standby, 10 minutes of talk time] and I explained my issues the the representative. He stated that they have been having similar issues with other customers and replacing the phone only delays the same issues.
We just need to work something out because at this point I'm seriously considering the iPhone so I can save myself time and headaches.

Let me state my issues:
1. Keyboard.
When I open the keyboard to respond to an email or text message, it takes about 10 seconds to rotate the screen. The main issue with the keyboard, however, is that the keypresses are innacurate. I will press a key, and sometimes it does not register. Other times, it will show up on the screen 5 times. Also, the parentheses keys do not work. At times, I have to wait a few seconds until the keyboard will recognize anything I press.

2. Freezing
This as an annoying issue on my phone. When I'm reading an email, browsing the web, or using a program, the phone randomly freezes. When I press the power button, nothing happens. I have to press the reset button at the bottom of the phone, wait for it to boot up, and redo whatever I had not saved. One thing that really bothers me is that I cannot do something this phone is meant to do: run multiple programs. If I try to run 2 programs at once, the phone will eventually get so slow that I have to take out the battery.

3. Hard Resets
This issue is BY FAR the worst. It has happened to me 2 times! Here's what happens: I press the power button to wake up the phone, and it vibrates to indicate its starting up [It had been put into sleep mode]. It turns on, and then EVERYTHING is gone from my device including CONTACTS, APPOINTMENTS, and EMAILS! I have lost so many contacts and other important information because of this. The worst part is that it's happens randomly! I never know when it will happen again.

4. Screen
There is a light spot in the bottom-left corner of my screen. Everything displayed there is a lighter shade than the rest of the screen, but the touchscreen isn't affected. This is a minor issue.

There are a few more issues, but they are not as important as the ones I have listed. Again, I don't want anyone to feel that I am attacking them personally, but I am incredibly shocked to see that this is how the top-of-the-line device performs. I can no longer rely on my phone.

I am satisfied with Sprint's service, but I seriously cannot handle these types of issues. The things I am experiencing are unacceptable. I am considering switching to the new iPhone even if that means giving up Sprint and Windows Mobile.

I hope you understand my frustrations. I have researched some of my issues and it seems other people with the Mogul are having similar problems. That is the main reason I don't think I can tolerate this phone much longer.

Thank you very much for your time