View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
snovvman
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
Very good Snovvman. All of the information that I have been gathering tells me that you have found it, including your last comment about the data connection going back on. That was one of the symptoms. You found what no one else has and have been able to reproduce the solution. I cannot try it because I did already reset, but I hope others will try it and report back.

Edit: I think I am going to re-install Advanced Config and see what settings may be the culprit. There is an active thread on Advanced Config at XDA. You may want to let Schapps know what you found once you get some confirmation that this has solved others' answer problems.

Edit2: I installed and ran Advanced Config. It did not change the #777 value and there is nothing obvious under the phone settings. If it is in Advanced Config, it is probably a value that the user changes manually.
Thanks for your help cappy. After I asked you for those values, I realized I had another Diamond in my car. After comparing the two's registry, it was obvious that GPRS did not belong. I came to that key because of all the posts I read at XDA. Some of the people got close, but never found the link. Clearly, this will only work for CDMA phones. I do hope it works for others. If this is shown to work, I will post at XDA.

BTW, try changing the timout value under "Connections" in Advanced Config. That may be when the registry gets changed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.