View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:56 AM
jethro_static
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Most interesting free Diamond apps Downloads here.

Diamond Beer has been updated to version. Version 2 features:
- Beer “label” on your glass.
- Multiple types of drinks: “Duvel” is the default, and a root beer (non-alcoholic) for kids.
- Bubbles in the glass which always drift up.
- If you tilt your “glass” to far, the beer empties immediately.
- A nice icon in the Programs group

See videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCM6S...lerometer-game

Diamond beer 2

Is this what you had in mind for the beer ?

A first rough application that simulates drinking. Again not yet as complete as I wanted it to be.

Usage:

Start the program and keep close to your mouth, you don't want to spill the beer ! Next "drink" from your PDA.
Menu -> New Drink refills your glass/PDA.

Any feedback about problems is appreciated !

BTW: usefulness: keeps stress levels down. (Studies show that even the anticipation of a joke can reduce your stress-level by 70 % !)

New version:

DiamondBeer2, which is developed with C++ and does not rely on the .NET CF framework.

Enhancements:
- Beer "label" on your glass.
- multiple types of drinks: "Duvel" is the default, and a root beer (non-alcoholic) for kids (shows how "skins" would work).
- Bubbles in the glass ( go always up)
- If you tilt your "glass" to far, the beer empties immediately. (careful, you might get wet)
- Icon in "programs" group is again not visible now

Done:

- added "foam" (not for all drinks). I could use some artistic help here, because I need a texture which allows me to draw foam without "lines" in it. This is the first rough graphic, I am working on improving the algorithm.
- added "glass" again. Still not optimal, maybe better when I convert the application to OpenGL ES
- uses full-screen mode. Tap on the screen to get the menu back
- better algorithms for flow of beer and foam. I got the rough ideas now, just need to work them out. I think I have a better version already, but I am still not satisfied.
- Foam gets smaller the longer the beer is standing still

<b>Still todo:</b>
- Use a better particle engine for the bubbles.
- Get better colors, especially the B-C does look terrible. (checkout what B-C stands for)
- Add sound (any pointers to examples are appreciated).
- better artistic images.
- User managed drinks.
- Implement "shaking" so foam gets increased.
- Save settings
- User setting for "drink-rate" (saved for next start)

Help needed:
- Pointer to "blending" code examples for drawing the glass
- Texture for foam and/or beer (maybe even brown or red ales ?)
- Other help needed: how can I detect that the PDA is shaken ?

Future enhancements I am thinking about:

- Adding ice-cubes for some drinks (and no ... never for beer )

Important:

If you like my applications, consider a donation to Koushik.
After all it is thanks to his (and the many other developers) work and readiness to share it that I can write these programs. I (currently) still get enough satisfaction in writing these programs.

DiamondBeer2Installer-v0_1.cab

Follow the thread for updates:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=412667&page=3

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 10-05-2008 at 11:23 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.