View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 11:36 AM
gator2k83
Regular 'Geeker

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: strange reboot problem

I had the same issue with both of my stock batteries if i shut the keyboard 2 fast it would shut the mogul off completely. sometimes not coming back on till i took the battery out and put it back in. No matter what the charge on the battery was.

This happened about a week after i got my spare battery and started swapping them out often for a fresh one. As i work 12 hr shifts and stream Internet music all night while on my tow motor.

I could not find anything to fix the problem till i cleaned the contacts on bot batteries. All i did was clean each of the contacts on each battery by scraping clean the contacts with a paper clip. Problem solved. I have to go back and do this from time to time when they get dirty again, but my mogul does not shut off when closing the keyboard anymore if it does i know its time to clean the contacts again.

I was originally thinking that there was a short in the cable that attaches the screen to the board. Thankfully it was not.