shovelhead84
Lurker

shovelhead84 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Today Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by srparret View Post
i've looked at manilia 2d...i thought it was laggy but the extra bloatware maybe what was causing me all the trouble...any suggestions for a clean rom??
I am using the att tilt with the updated 6.1 rom. I had some lag issues but did a non-bloat install and I am now very happy. I am using a fully functional manilla2d install and average about 40-43mb free (50%). Makes me think its the bloatware. My wifes phone sped up after I took it out of hers as well. Worth a try. I have not used many other roms as I have been happy with my current setup.

Simplest thing If you want to install without customized bloatware:

1. Hard reset your phone or reinstall the HTC stock rom. After you install but before you use your phone you have to do the touch screen alignment. This is what your looking for.

2. Align the touchscreen and skip through the "cut & paste" tutorial.

3. After the tutorial you must "tap screen to begin using your device".

4. Emediatly after your home screen loads up and before the customized install starts (less than 3 sec) do a soft reset.

5. If you did it correctly it will boot normaly without bloatware or carrier applications. If your timing was bad it will go through the alignment process again.

If your just looking for new roms and info then...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378

Good luck. Hope this helps.