Old 10-02-2008, 02:23 PM
mj4g2
Lurker

mj4g2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS Problems

Hello All,
I've been around a while, but have been able to figure things out by reading posts, searching and using the wiki. I own an AT&T Tilt and a Verizon XV 6800. I use the GPS on the Tilt every day (TomTom 7, Google Maps and sometimes Garmin XT). For the Titan, it is a completely different story. I have spent hours on end trying to get the gps to work properly. I have tried the MR1 fix posted when I was using the Verizon MR1 rom and had no luck. I then flashed the latest Telus ROM (reset to prevent customizations) to get radio version 3.42.40, then flashed dcd 3.2.6. I then went through the instructions gc posted in the wiki with the QPST method and still no luck. Google maps is able to see the gps, but eventually errors out prompting me to check my settings. I have made sure my external gps settings are correct and location is on, etc.
One thing that I find odd about my phone is that I cannot flash from a SD card. Ive tried a 256meg, 512meg and 1gig card. When I bring up the Oilpro bootloader, it just sets at the bootloader screen and says "Serial". I have tried flashing the nueSPL 2.47 and variuos radio versions. I have made sure I'm running FAT32 and the nbh is named TITAIMG.nbh.

Thanks a lot!

Current Config
SPL: Oilpro 2.40
ROM: dcd 3.2.6 (Not from the kitchen)
Protocol: DCAAXOM-4350H
Radio: 3.42.40
PRL: 51101
PRI: 2.03_002
ERI: 4