View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
sledgie
PPCGeeks Regular

sledgie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
not to sound naïve, but I would hardly call the reporting and research done by phonenews.com/pcsintel.com as a "rumor". they usually don't announce things until it is pretty much confirmed, and then on top of it they follow it with updates if anything changes. I understand, of course, the "numerous sources" as could be speculation, rumor, etc., but phonenews.com rarely gets their news wrong - except of course when the company itself is to be blamed for the information (recent at&t article releasing the cu500v etc.). not to mention, the rumors are usually confined to the forums over there.

I can't say I'm pleased with the information but I expected some shortcoming like this to happen, and I think those that purchased the ppc-6600 were as well after the debacle that happened with that device. I think its a horrible decision on sprint's part, with the upcoming iphone coming in june, not to try to get the crowd that was thinking of migrating to stay with sprint with this new heavy powered device. and, I don't even know if the samsung i760 is coming to sprint, so, hopefully verizon will release the 6800 or i760 and you guys can tell us how it is with some reviews.

I sure can't wait to read all the complaints, multiple threads and announcements of this delay of the 6800! :/