View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 06:28 PM
flyers2114
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Sync'd device to multiple PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudekeep View Post
Let me first start by saying I work with different computers on a weekly basis due to my work situation. I do not have access to any one computer for more than a few days at a time.

I want to backup my contacts by syncing the phone to my PC but last time I did this it deleted all my previous contacts because they belonged to the last PC I used before that. (that is my take on this situation after doing some research on MS ActiveSync being able to only remember 2 PCs)

So I backed up pim.vol just in case but from what I understand you can't copy and paste that back into the phone anyway so it doesn't do much good. Am I correct in this? If not, contacts are all I care about and this basically solves my problem.

Regardless, the question remains: How can I use ActiveSync on this (3rd) PC without deleting the contacts that were synced with the first two PCs I used.
You should be able to just delete the existing partnership and then hook it up to the third puter....I would also suggest you use PIM backup...just save it to your storage card and you can restore everything you want each time...contacts, tasks...etc

I will attach the zip....

Last edited by flyers2114; 12-12-2008 at 09:48 PM.