View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 PM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Templates: Custom Start Menu's for your ROM - 9/29/08

Here is my contribution to the Diamond Community. I am still waiting on the Touch Pro, but I suppose I can help out some chefs here too.

What it is? Custom Start Menu's for your Diamond's!
This is gonna be pretty cut and dry, so here goes.

1. Extract the appropriate OEM into your kitchen's ..\OEM directory.
2. MOVE the file initflashfiles.dat from the OEM to OEM_Lang_0409. (overwrite the existing)
3. Follow My Rom Building Tutorials to customize other OEM's you have added to your rom.

What I have done, is taken all of the \Windows\Start Menu entries from the ..\OEM\OEM_Lang_0409\initflashfiles.dat and moved them into an OEM's initflashfiles.txt. Most seasoned chef's here can finger it out. Once you look inside, do the same with your oem's you add into your rom. Look inside the initflashfiles.txt and MOVE the start menu entries to your new start menu oem.

There are two packages. One for Sprint, and one for Telus. Both are very similiar except carrier added stuff. Here they are:

zzz_My_Start_Menu_OEM_Diamond_Sprint

zzz_My_Start_Menu_OEM_Diamond_Telus

That's it. Cut and dry. If you have any questions, ask.

Telus is Based off Stock Rom from FTP (well, actually tc/gf's v1.04 OEM package, but it'll be the same...)

Sprint is Based off Stock Rom from FTP (this one is actually the stock rom. )

Enjoy all!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-29-2008 at 11:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.