View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 PM
TNTRMSKD
N00b

TNTRMSKD is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy HELP! Mic volume way too low.

Hi guys, I was hoping maybe someone can help me out and diagnose my problem. For the first part of the day, my phone worked normally. I could make/receive calls without any problem. All of a sudden in the late afternoon, I got a call from the 'missus' and she could not hear me at all. I thought it was just the phone possibly acting up so I rebooted and then called her back. She picked up but could not hear anything from my end. This went back and forth a few times until I reached for the home phone to call her back. After our conversation I tested the voice record and unless I talk very very LOUD and directly with my mouth/lips on the mic, the phone will pick up NOTHING. Even if I'm just a few inches away, it will not pick up my voice whatsoever. Is there some sort of setting that allows you to adjust mic sensitivity? I'm on the latest official Sprint ROM and was wondering if reflashing might do the trick? From my understanding of microphones, they either work or don't work right? I mean it IS picking up my voice, I just have to yell to high hell for it to do so. And even then the playback will not be nearly as loud as the volume I was yelling at (yes my speakers work correctly). Thanks in advance!

-Mike