Thread: WM6....yummy
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6....yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHClagg
So I was surfing around on some completely legal sites yesterday and found a completely legal copy of WM6 for t-mobile Dash. This area gets a little to technical for me, but do you all (who have adequate knowledge) think it would ever possibly work on my Q. I'm doubting it because of the differences because of it being T-mobile and my Q being Sprint..... Any one heard of a q running wm6?
In short: no

It's basically impossible to take the Dash WM6 and transfer it to the Q: different radio, different hardware, different drivers, need an installer, etc.

Has anyone seen a Q running WM6?

Technically: yes

The GSM version runs WM6 (though it is not out yet).

Sprint internally is (was) reportedly testing WM6 on the Q and some people have supposedly seen it.

The other rumor, according to people who have access to Sprint's CE forums is that they are not doing a WM6 update for the Q but are instead working on a new Moto Q device with Rev A/WM6 to be released late this year or so.