View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:18 PM
reprod
Regular 'Geeker

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to clean up memory on the Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjh858 View Post
okay, im getting my first ppc tomorrow (Diamond). my dad had an original HTC Touch and I messed with that a bit. Isn't the 4GB of internal memory able to host these files?! The RAM, i thought, was just to write-to while the software was running. I'll be super pissed if this phone isn't the frickin bomb. I want to install lots of games and stupid stuff. I don't want to be limited to like 4 things on the device. I may just be really confused as to whats going on here. Someone fill me in
Yes, you can install most games and apps to the Internal Storage of 4GB. Most of the issues users are encountering are issues where Opera and other programs are eating up program memory with their HUGE caches and these need to be cleaned up periodically especially if you are a heavy user.

I do know that you can type opera:config into the Opera browser address bar and enter the configuration utility. Within this screen you can modify the storage locations for Opera but I havent truly delved into this one too much because there are tons of options here for configuring your Opera.
This post has been thanked 1 times.