Old 09-24-2008, 03:39 PM
NetApex
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

NetApex is keeping up the good workNetApex is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to NetApex
Re: If we could add Android on the Pro...

Likewise! I am not usually a first day out type of guy. I let the crowd get in and mess things up, then I go once the stock gets replenished or whatever... but this time I am probably going to be one of the "first on the block" people. The G1 seems to big for most people (purses or not). My wife has a Centro and she just thinks it is the "cutest" phone. So I have a hard time seeing a woman with the G1. The Pro on the other hand... black is sliming ya know. Plus it just looks elegant and looks are a big factor to some women when it comes to getting a phone (and face it... 98% of the guys here too want to have a good looking phone... however you define good looking *no external antena is good looking enough for some*). I have been reading a lot of news stories about the G1 and almost all of them are missing the fact that the phone is just a shell, and the OS and the carriers make up a lot of what makes this a revolutionary time. If it wasn't for the crew here and XDA I might be on the G1 train as well. But knowing that the "special" features that the G1 can do are already mostly available in the Pro, and can be emulated (or as I have been hoping, run natively via bootup) makes other phone releases something to smile about. Not a smile because "my phone is better", or "I am so excited to buy this next thing", but I actually smile knowing that somewhere, someone is seeing it and saying, "let's add that software to this HTC phone that is already out." It's the reason I have been able to keep my 6700 for so long.