View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 01:02 PM
drexappeal
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If we could add Android on the Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetApex View Post
Ok here we go, the G1 (aka - Dream) has been announce. http://www.t-mobileg1.com/default.aspx While it does look very cool and my first response was.. this may be the next phone... it is all OS. The phone itself looks brickish, and imagining the HTC Pro able to do this (which technically it should be able to) is indeed a very happy dream! Compiling Android to take full advantage of the Pro hardware will make an amazing phone even more fun.
The black color being advertised on the news looks much better than the white, but...

Based on the size specs listed on Phone Arena, it's 1 mm less in depth than the Touch Pro, but add the height and width of the iPhone and you get a very "brick like" phone. When people were talking about the Mogul or Touch Pro being a "brick"...this one could define brick.

It is seemingly getting the "hype" of being an iPhone competitor, but unless android provides an "easy learning curve" for the everday consumer, it won't really compete that much. That being said, it could potentially draw the "tech savvy" crowd, but how many "average customers" are really that "tech savvy"? I can definitely see this appealing to females (since they have a purse to carry around the bulky phone). We'll just see who jumps on board with it. One thing is for sure, it could easily make Sprint lose more customers (even with the Touch Pro release only 3 days prior - Tmobile G1 is scheduled for 10/22 release from what I heard in the news).

Anyhow, too big for my tastes, especially if you're adding the similar height and width dimensions as the iPhone.

I'm still on the Touch Pro train! And if the information the one person indicated on another thread about the 10/2/08 date was correct and it can be ordered earlier than anticipated, I'll be all over that!