View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 02:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's 3.03 & 3.09 WM6.1 Custom Touch ROMs w/ User Customization! Updated 8/24/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archius View Post
By the way, when your Rom will be out, what will we do when there will be a newer version of the Manilabeta cab ? can we update over your pre-installed one on your new Rom?
Maybe waiting a bit before posting the Rom would be better? I'm not sure, depends on you.

Also it would be great if you can add this program to customize Manila
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427392
depending on what is released in the future, there may be a cab that can installed with the fixs.

As far as I'm concerned, if I'm happy w/ a current rls, unless there's a major fix, I may not update.....I know it's still early, but this sure seems to be running great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archius View Post
thanks a lot for the quick release
Quickmenu is needed! well for me =D It's my favorite menu and once I used it I didn't want to go back to the htc one. No worries though, I will add it manually.

By any chance a clean version soon ?

I didn't have any problems adding the custom weather with Update 13 from xda it works well. Maybe others have problems.. hmm.. thanks for the info though =D
well is would guess clean would be not added app except Manilla2d?

how were you adding custom weather? I could have sworn it didn't work for me until I addded the patched manilla2d.exe file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I can verify that the weather worked without anything extra for me. Googlemaps was where I was challenged and it's sorta cool to search for radioshack and see all those balloons come darting onto the screen.

The only thing is quickmenu, I think it's still a must since there are only so many buttons on the program, er I haven't fingered out how to scroll up yet, I keep launching something...Another bang up job!
were you adding the custom weather via the HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file? If so, I knew ppl could do the same, but using HHC seems to be alittle easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicy423 View Post
nice rom omj
is there anyway you could make one similar to this with the diamond sys and all that stuff cooked in so it would run faster?
umm, yeah, this will not happen....I just dont have the time....I like the 3.09 base, so I'll stick w/ it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt View Post
i installed the new rom last night too. it was late, so i didn't do much digging around, but along the lines of sun-drop's question, is there an easy way to perform additions/edits to manilla 2d? e.g., on the home screen i would like to remove alarm off/on, call history and calendar under the clock. i would also like to replace the opera mobile page with opera mini. i'm guessing these things can be done with registry edits, but i also didn't see an included registry editor in the new rom. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
here are the reg settings from the manilla cab/oem:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\TouchFLO]
"Flags"=dword:00000000
"DLL"="\\Windows\\Manila2DPlugin.dll"
"Order"=dword:00000000
"Selectability"=dword:00000002
"Type"=dword:00000004
"Options"=dword:00000000
"Enabled"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\Customized]
"CustomizedCount"=dword:00000001
"BannerURLText"="www.google.com"
"BannerURL"="http://www.google.com/"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\Customized\0]
"NoDescription"=dword:00000001
"CustomizedURL"="\\Windows\\YouTube.exe"
"CustomizedDescription"=""
"CustomizedTitle"="YouTube"
"CustomizedIcon"="\\Windows\\HH_INTERNET_YOUTUBE.bmp"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Music]
"Exist"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Weather\Settings]
"BootUp"=dword:00000001
"ConnectionTimeout"=dword:0000003c
"Celsius"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Home]
"AlarmTime"=dword:00000168

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\MASD]
"TouchFlo"="3_0_31508_8"
"LargeTitleBar"="4_40_0_0"
"2DManila"="1_00_18183719_00"
"EnlargeStartMenu"="1_2_34828_4"
"BootLauncher"="1_0_34322_2"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd\ChangeHomeByPostMessage]
"HTCManila2D"=dword:00002b12

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SPC]
"DooWaa"="DiDiDumDiDiDum"
next post will have the contents of HTCHomeSettings.xml, you can comb through that & may be able to tweak.....