View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 01:20 PM
snovvman
Regular 'Geeker

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up How to change the LED flash duration, unlock options, & turn off phone startup sound.

This is my original question:

Under Settings>Personal [tab]>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications [tab]>Messaging: New text message [pull down box]:

There is a setting for "Flash light for" with a checkbox and pull-down box. The setting is grayed out, the box is checked and pull-down is at 5 minutes.

How do I "ungray" this option and change the duartion of the LED flash? Something in the registry?

This is what I found:

Voicemail:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

SMS/text message
HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D65B-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

There are other keys that govern other notifications.

Changing the "Duration" will change the LED flash time
Removing the "AvailableOptions" DWORD will un-gray all options except "repeat for"

----------------------------------------------

I was also having a frustrating problem with startup sound:

I tried changing the name of the files, as well as removing the entries completely:

HKLM/Software/HTC/HTCAnimation (startup animation and sound)
and
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Splash Screen (The green WM 6.1 logo)

Also:
1) remove all keys (on my diamond only one) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Startup

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
ShutDownAsStartup = 1 change to 0

And:

So I've try to set it in Registry
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other name
I've changed them to "StartupGif1" and "StartupWav1"

I also tried three of the popular tweaking tools. Nothing seems to work on my Sprint CDMA Diamond. All startup animations are gone (Sprint and WM6), but the sound remains.

As it turned out, the sound was from the phone turning on the radio. Changing the value in this key solved the problem:

HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendedFunction\CDMA\Fligh tModeOnOFF\Sound_on

YMMV. Enjoy...

Last edited by snovvman; 09-21-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Founded solution to question
This post has been thanked 13 times.