View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 07:06 PM
crazie.eddie
PPCGeeks Regular

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Depends on your preference.

The leather case protects the device well, from drops. I used to have the F7 Flip Case for the Treo 700...

Pros:
- Inexpensive
- Protected the device well
- Not as bulky as most other leather cases
- Has a slot for SD card and business card
- Removeable belt clip

Only Cons:
- A bit tricky to remove the case from the belt clip
- As you can see, the case has some stitching between the screen and keypad. Since it's a flip top, the device moves slightly upward when open, making it hard to press the left/right soft keys, and the top d-pad button, since that leather piece gets in the way.

I then tried the Cellet "Elite" RH7 Rubberized Holster...

The only major problem I had with it was that the little tab, easily got caught, causing the device to be released. If I had to run or move, I had to always put my hand on the phone to make sure nothing was caught or that it wasn't going to popout.

I now use the Seido rubberized skinned case, along with the Seido battery cover with reset hole...

Along with the Seido holster for the skinned case...

Pros:
- Not as bulky as a leather case
- Easy to insert/remove from the holster
- Spring clip keeps device securely in place. Unlike the Cellet "Elite" RH7 Rubberized Holster.

Con and Pro:
If device does get dropped, the case actually splits apart. This can easily be be put back together. At first thought, this wasn't a great case. But the splitting apart does help absorb the shock of being dropped.