mfrazzz
Lurker

mfrazzz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Referb 8125 from Cingular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcayo11
Cingular has referb 8125 for about $80. Looking for a Windows Mobile phone, I know that the next version of Windows Mobile will be out, but that seems like a good price for the phone. Can anyone recommend this phone. I currently have a SLVR L7.
I purchased a refurb 8125 from Cingular last September (and its my current phone). I have to say after a couple of months I thought it was the worst purchase I ever made (lots of dropped calls, phone would just lock up for no reason, or just reboot on its own). By December I pretty much did not use the phone (I knew if someone called me or I called them it would drop the call within 5 mins) so it was mainly just a PDA for me (and that wasn't reliable due to the reboots and freezes). I was ready to chunk the thing in a toilet and go back to a Nokia device... Then I found out about how to flash custom roms from xda-developers. The phone is now more stable than it ever was, much more functional, faster and more. Its now what I thought it really should have been and I love the thing and am very happy with it.

So I'd recommend the purchase ($80 is a great deal) but plan on learning to put a custom rom on it if you really want a fantastic phone / pda. I consider mine to be a mini-laptop now (I use it all the time now).