View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 09:27 AM
proplayer44
PPCGeeks Regular

proplayer44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email with Telus

What are the Telus users thoughts on how email works on this phone. Originally, I set up a cogeco account, two gMail accounts and a Hotmail account on this using the built in email. I had nothing but problems. Usually I would get authentication errors or I could receive and not send. For the life of me I could not send from these accounts. I'm in IT, I have little experience with email on phones but I'm very aware of terms like POP, IMAP, SMTP and authentication. I know my passwords very well and verified them over and over but NADA. I also had the same problems whether I was on EV network or my home WIFI. Eventually I set up three accounts using the Telus mobility email function.

That worked. I could send and receive however, it is very delayed. It can be delayed by a few minutes, 30 minutes and hour or sometimes several hours. My Co-Worker is on the same distribution list as I and we receive several of the same emails. He has another type of phone with another provider (I won't say the phone in case I get pooped on) and he almost always receives the email instantly. Our job function is support which often requires a quick response in mail. I bought the phone to be able to stay on top of this but the phone has been a disappointment thus far because I'm no better off than before I bought the phone.

Anyone with Telus have the same experiences? Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?