View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
drexappeal
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If we could add Android on the Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiger13 View Post
i think porting Android to the Touch Pro will be even easier then the work that has gone into porting it to the Vogue as it should share some hardware characteristics of the Dream. We'll see what happens though.
I've only been familiar with Android since I joined the forums, so my knowledge of them isn't that great. The main issue of importance for me is being able to sync up my appointments and contacts to my phone without hassle of adding extra stuff to make that happen. If the Android OS will allow for that to happen, great, as long as it is an easy (no thinking for an "average user") process.

Even still, for me, the Dream (I believe the only one mentioned publically to carry android) is too tall for my tastes. It may have less bulk than the Touch Pro, but I'm not willing to sacrifice by adding more height (I put my phone in my pocket, so last thing I want is a phone that'll go all the way to the top of my pocket and be a target for someone pick-pocketing me). Who knows what android phone Sprint will be offering and from what I've read, it's not going to be the Dream.