View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 AM
lifeuw19
Regular 'Geeker

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Question... what would you do?

Ok... I have a pretty sweet deal through Sprint right now. After taxes and all that, I PAY about $56/month. I have 1000 anytimes minutes. 120 bonus anytime minutes. 1500 free text messages. Vision Power Pack. N/W starting at 7pm and unlimited Sprint to Sprint. Not bad for $56/month.

Now my wife is on Sprint, and her contract is up. She has a TERRIBLE plan. She pays $29.99/month plus she gets a 20% discount with her job. But... she only gets 200 anytime minutes, but has 500 text messages ($5) and no Vision, she does have N/W at 7pm and unlimited Sprint to Sprint. She NEVER pays that amount. She typically pays @$45-50, due to going over the 200 minutes.

So... I'm looking into putting her on my plan. However... the only thing somewhat comparable is that "everything" plan. It's $129.99 before tax and sprint charges, and I guess it would give her a better plan, since she'd have unlimited text and more minutes, but it sucks for me. I already have 1120 minutes myself, now I'll have to share 1500 minutes (We'd only be gaining 180 minutes). I already have Vision pack, and I have 1500 text, which the most I've ever used was 690. So this package is basically exactly what I have, except it's twice the price, but I get to add my wife. Does this seem like a crappy deal? Anyone have any suggestions to a better plan? Am I better keeping her on a seperate plan and not messing mine up? I know they say I can have Navigation and Sprint TV, but I don't need either of them. I have MicroSoft LiveSearch and Slingbox, so who cares about those two apps?

What should I do? Help... because I've been thinking about this for 2 months and I still can't make a decision. Darn Sprint and they're "everything" plans... what about the people who already have "everything", but are lucky enough to only pay about half of what they want out of me!

Am I crazy that I feel Sprint is ripping me off and I'm holding off on switching her over?