View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ultimate Launch/HT Home problems with new ROM??

I had Ultimate Launch working absolutely perfectly in my Verizon XV6800 setup when it was running the stock radio & ROM.

Now, I flashed to 3.42.5 & dcd 3.2.6 which worked super in most ways (I get a 7 satellite GPS lock in about 4 seconds with all the GPS mods) but UL is giving me all kinds of problems.

I originally had my home screen in UL as the HTC Home plug-in & a bunch of program icons below that. With WM 6.1 etc, I installed the HTC 6 tab Home cab & soft reset, & the phone froze so hard I had to do a hard reset. I tried four times & the same thing happened every time.

At that point, I decided the hell with HTC Home, I will use Battery Status with the HTC Home skin instead. I thought that was working fine. I had BS at the top of the opening screen with program shortcuts under it, a 2nd tab with weather panel full screen & a 3rd tab with more program shortcuts. It looked & worked great until I did a soft reset. As soon as I did that, Battery Status refused to load (it gave an error about BT unable to initialize) & I never got it to work again inside UL.

I messed with UL for hours today & at one point, my system got so messed up from it that I had to hard reset again & then restore a BU I made early today with SPB BU.

I absolutely HATE to give up using UL, I paid for it & spent three weeks learning all the ins & outs of it.

If I could get either some version of HTC Home or Battery Status to work from within UL I would be all set. Does anybody have any advice for me?????

~John