View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 01:58 AM
ajm144k
Regular 'Geeker

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: pool page settings!!

well dont use 2, but hypothetically if you had it set at 2 you would gain 8 more usable mb's of ram if it was moved from 10. or, if it was originally set at 6 (which i think is what most custom roms are at) and you move it to 4 you gain 2 megs of ram to use. this is the pro.

the con would be that some speed may be lost, it should be measurable but maybe not so noticeable. i think stability may be subject to vary as well.

you need to figure out how you use apps and how many megs the apps you use require. if you tend to keep programs open throughout your usage of your phone, setting your pagepool higher will keep your phone more stable and run smoother, but you will obviously have less available ram. this might be fine though, if all (or at least, some or most) of the apps you use are kept open you wont need too much free ram.

just to throw in what i use, i set mine to 6.5 since i keep Messaging open always. im left with anywhere from 18-20 megs free on dcd 3.2.6 after messaging is running.

(this is my understanding of pagepool, but please correct me if im wrong)

Last edited by ajm144k; 09-12-2008 at 02:02 AM.