View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just did my first ROM flash & have a few ??

I use an XV6800 on Verizon. I had made plenty of tweaks to it, installed a ton of programs etc, but I never had the nerve to reflash the thing as I need it for work every day & if I "bricked it" it would be a total disaster.

I decided to buy a 2nd 6800 to play with & not activate it until I got it customized to my liking. I picked up a mint 6800 from a guy who switched to Sprint to save some $ & started messing with it.

I unlocked it, then installed radio 3.42.50 & dcd 3.2.6 ROM & everything went perfectly after I figured out how to get out of a "frozen in the boot-loader" condition. I then installed a Verizon carrier cab & Arcsoft mms.

I have WM 6.1 & everything seems to work perfectly. I originally tried to restore a recent BU I had made with SPB Backup in "ROM update" mode, but that didn't work well at all. I also had a recent Sprite BU & restoring that really didn't work either so I slowly rebuilt/restored all my programs from scratch.

Under settings/system/device information it now says:

ROM version: dcd 3.3.6
ROM date: 08/22/08
Radio version: 3.42.50
Protocol version: DCAAXOM-4350H
Hardware version: 0003
PRL version: 50949
PRI version: 1.35_002
Browser version MSIE 6.0
ESN: ********
Current User name: 0000000369@vzw3g.com
ERI version: 4

I am basically ready to activate it with Verizon. I will go to verizonwireless.com & do an ESN swap which is simple (I have done it a bunch of times). My question is, what else do I need to do at that point to make sure my phone & unlimited data work correctly???

TIA guys, I LOVE this site.......
~John