Old 04-18-2007, 08:55 PM
bmatic586
PPCGeeks Regular

bmatic586 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiguy
I use and recommend TomTom Navigator 6. Works VERY well with the square screen of the wx. In fact, I find that I use my phone more frequently for GPS than my car-portable RoadMate GPS unit. I tried iGuidance previously... it was good, but TomTom seems more polished and has better one-handed use.

As for the hardware, I have two BT GPS adapters: Holux GPSlim 240 (amazingly small; marketed as the smallest BT adapter on the market) and the iBlue 737 (amazingly good battery life and sensitivity; by no means large). Don't ask why I have 2, but I do. I typically leave the 737 in my car, and take the Holux with me when I fly. Oh, FYI: I paid about $60 each for these adapters, including shipping. Much more than that and I'd say you're overpaying.

For either the software or the hardware, I'd recommend purchasing on ebay from "buygpsnow_at_cost" (or buygpsnow.com on the web). I think I fared very well on the auctions, paying much less than the website prices.
holux is a great brand, i have one for my laptop and i'm using it with streets and trips 07, and as soon as i turn it on, it takes about 1-2 seconds to get my location, amazing device and brand.