View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 09:34 PM
dette
Almost a VIP

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb87 View Post
Well it appears that I am back to the latest stock rom with the stock spl. When I press the camera+powera+rest buttons the color screen shows:
VOGU100
SPL-2.01.0000
CPLD-3

Under device info, it shows ROM 3.03.6514 and Radio 3.42.30.

So these are the steps I performed to "relock" the phone (in case someone else was stuck like me):
  1. Phone was already unlocked with 2.31.coKe SPL and running the latest official HTC ROM (3.03.651.4)
  2. I downloaded the 0.40 from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370 provied by ImCoKeMaN (thanks) and executed (no need to unzip).
  3. Followed the instructions from the post and the unlocking utility.
  4. Verified that the boot loader screen read 0.40
  5. Ran the official ROM Upgrade Utility (http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa..._id=76&cat=all). Same ROM that I already had installed.
  6. Followed the on screen instructions
  7. After completing install the official ROM overwrote the 0.40 SPL and now shows 2.01.0000.
When the ROM was installing it stopped at 29% with error 262. I followed the on screen instructions to recover from the error. From the top of my head, I think the steps were to unplug the USB cable, press next on the utility screen, remove the battery for 3 seconds, and power device back on. I think the update restarted from the beginning but went to 100% without error. Not sure if I didn't do something correctly for this to have occurred.

Anyways, hope this may help someone.
Thanks you confirmed what I expected was needed

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!