View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 10:57 AM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Carrier Specific Rom Test Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
For those Rom saavy folks here is what I did. Let's take the audiopara.csv file for example... Instead of searching and deleting it out of the rom, I added it to zzz_my_files_OEM and renamed the new one to audiopara2.csv. I then utilize the initflashfiles.txt to copy audiopara2.csv to audiopara.csv. Overwriting the original. I used this on some startup images, the 1% battery driver, and a few more files. It's only a couple and your device has plenty-o-memory. A little technique again I learned from OEM'ing files.
Depening on what you are copying, you might not be able to employ that technique at all, or might have to reset once to get the change to "take".