View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 01:46 AM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Carrier Specific Rom Test Thread

OK, so this is the first step to bringing you all Carrier Specific Kitchens. In this rom I am trying a new technique and will speed up the release of this endeavor.

This is a test thread! There is a possibility this may not work, but I have taken all the precautions to ensure otherwise. This is for experienced rom flashers only as I am not going to outline the steps to flash a rom other than 1. Download it, 2. Flash It...

The first rom out is a test rom. If I can get a couple bell users to flash and test I'd appreciate it. Megapack program contents can be found in my Custom OEM requests thread...

Here is a link to the OEM Directory: Bell/Bell_OEM_v1.09.05.rar

Here is a link to a flashable .nbh: Bell_NBH_v1.09.05.rar
So you guys know what is inside and can customize it! And for the record, my stuff is always v1.mm.dd where mm=month and dd=day.

This will be stock except for a few graphics/additions listed below. Let me know what you all think!

Changes to latest Bell Stock Rom :: RUU_Vogue_BM_WWE_3.09.666.1_Radio3.42.50_Ship.exe

v1.09.05
----------------------------------------
- Restored Stock Dialer/Keyboards as optional OEM's (if you want them instead...)
- Updated Audiopara.csv
- Moved "Stuff" to OEM\Bell_extras (ringers, sample pics/video, Camera templates. Delete em if ya don't use em!)
- cleaned provxml's

v1.0
----------------------------------------
- Added UCAutorun ... User Customization
- Replaced keyboards with Diamond Keyboards
- Replaced Today Theme - Metal
- Added Diamondish Startup
- Added Diamond Dialer
- Added zz_My_Registry (registry edits viewable in RGU)
- Added zz_My_Files misc files
- Added zz_My_Sounds misc sounds
- Added 1% battery tweak
- Added QuickMenu
- Added Bell Media Player
- Added Megapack_GPS_v1.5
- Added Megapack_Games_v1.3
= Added Megapack_MyUtils v1.4.1
- Added Skin-KB-BL OSXGraphite
- Added Spb Calc w/diamond skin
- Added Diamond WMP skin
- Added MP3 Trimmer Diamond Skin
- Boot: Screen calibraton, TimeZone, then UC

Initial release, Things I need checked:
- Does UC work
- bootup screens / Stylus screen / timezone screen Did it take?
- Microsoft office links there?
- 1% battery there?
- Today theme - metal? or normal
- Test Bell Media Player
I used a new method to install these and want to make sure they all work. The Bell Media Player is just a new OEM. Let me know if these work and I'll share my method, you can install stuff without having to delete the original file!!! It sure will save me some time doing all carriers!

For those Rom saavy folks here is what I did. Let's take the audiopara.csv file for example... Instead of searching and deleting it out of the rom, I added it to zzz_my_files_OEM and renamed the new one to audiopara2.csv. I then utilize the initflashfiles.txt to copy audiopara2.csv to audiopara.csv. Overwriting the original. I used this on some startup images, the 1% battery driver, and a few more files. It's only a couple and your device has plenty-o-memory. A little technique again I learned from OEM'ing files.

Thanks to all the usual folks, ppckitchen, bell, Y.O.U., and all the folks that made the kitchens possible!

Known Issues:
Bell - 1% battery inop...Update coming today

Upcoming Changes:
- Bell-Fix 1% battery...done.
- Update HTC Home
- Clean up today screen
- Remove megapacks, just want a basic rom...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-05-2008 at 01:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.