View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 07:23 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who would want Carrier Specific Kitchens?

RStoyGuys goal only applies to people who want to use the old style kitchen. There is ZERO value in making seperate kitchens otherwise. There is extremely limited value in doing it even with the old style kitchen (like almost none).

If you find PPCKitchen convoluted, you're not going to find any other kitchen any better (the available interfaces are almost identical). I suggest you pare down the number of oems you have to pick between. You don't have to include PPCGeeks_OEM.

It would be great to have something that doens't list invalid rom/radio/carrier oems, but sadly that is not available and not being offered by RSToyGuy. I don't believe he is even planning on offereing much in the way of oems, so you'll be mostly on your own there.

The only value I see being offerred is really "the popular customizations". That can be done in a .cab or OEM without the need for an entire kitchen.

If you seriously want to do it though, have fun. It's a heck of a learning experience.

Last edited by gguruusa; 09-04-2008 at 07:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.