nmjones
N00b

nmjones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon sent me data warning text, wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
anyone knows of an unofficial limit for sprint? 5gb too?

Below is a cut and paste from Sprint Terms Of Service. I switched from Verizon to Sprint 3 months ago for the cheaper internet and I can roam to get phone service at work. With Verizon I had nothing at work. Where I may run into trouble is I stream internet radio at work but it's all roaming. Although I stay under 5gb most of my data is roaming which potentially puts me at risk of breaking their Term Of Service.

Data: Services are not available with all Sprint phones. Usage is calculated on a per kilobyte basis and is rounded up to the next whole kilobyte. Rounding occurs at the end of each session or each clock hour and, at which time we deduct accumulated usage from your plan, or assess overage or casual usage charges. You are responsible for all data activity from and to your device, regardless of who initiates the activity. Estimates of data usage will vary from actual use. Your invoice will not separately identify the number of kilobytes attributable to your use of specific sites, sessions or services used. Premium content (games, ringers, songs, etc.) priced separately. Services are not available for use in connection with server devices or host computer applications, other systems that drive continuous heavy traffic or data sessions, or as substitutes for private lines or frame relay connections. Except with phone-as-modem plans, you may not use a phone (including a Bluetooth phone) as a modem in connection with a computer, PDA, or similar device. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service without notice for any misuse or any use that adversely affects network performance. Availability of downloadable or streaming content is subject to change. If user is not subscribed to a data included plan or add-on, pay-as-you go charges are incurred when using data applications and services.[/font]

Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones: Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and Mexico, is not included in plans with no roaming charges. Roaming usage may be invoiced after 30-60 days. Data services and certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.) may not be available in all roaming areas.[/font]

Data Usage Limitation (Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Imbedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem): The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024 KB equal 1 MB. 1024 MB equal 1 GB.[/font]

Last edited by nmjones; 09-04-2008 at 05:41 AM.