View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
conflipper
MIA

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Weather Database 11/11/2008 - City Request Accepted (works with Manilla)

How to use it. Okay I have been working on this for some time. and Now it is finally available. I have gone through and deleted every city that is not in the United States. I then went through and renamed every city, So that it will show the State instead of the country. and then I went and added 300 more cities to the database.

How to use it. Just take this file (HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml) drop it into your windows folder from activesync. Then soft reset your phone and if you go to your weather tab from HTC home, it should include all of the updated cities.

This will only work with HTC home. For any chefs you can also include this file in your custom ROM.

Please if you want your home town added, let me know and I will add it into it. Sorry I did not have a chance to test every single city that i added into it. but they should all work, With any changes or anything please let me know and I will make them.

I hope everyone enjoys this, Dont forget to press thanks.

okay for people that can not get this to work i have included 2 different cab files. the one called HTC kaiser Home, is a 5 tab it does not include profiles, it that is what i am using it it works for my custom weather, the other one called custom weather is a 6 tab htc home plugin, it to will work for custom weather, so if you can not seem to get this working, try to install one of the 2 cab files and then try again, because i have this working on mine, and it seem to work great.

Okay sorry for everyone that has not been able to get this to work, you can try to install either of those cabs below, of there is another file called HTChome.dll and if you use resco explorer or total commander you are able to drag that file into your \windows folder. this is the stock HTC vogue file that allows for custom weather, so if you can not get the other files to work, use this one if you are using an offical ROM and then it should work. please let me know, i will also be updateing the weather in a few minutes. Thanks for everyone.

To make this work with manilla, Download this file and place that and the weathercities file, into your windows folder. This will add custom weather to manilla.

for help this link should help you out a lot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

HTML Code:
Change Log

9/21/2008, Cities have been added, Download the file Custom City Files, 
Inside you will find 3 files, One is if you are using Manilla and you have not 
yet added the patch file, the other is if you are using HTC Home and you 
have not added the attach file. The last one is the actual weather database. 
Replace weather database with file in your windows folder. 

9/28/08, Whosdaman  helped and cleaned up some cities, made some work 
better and also added cities in mexico into the file. So now the database 
includes USA, Canada, and Mexico. So make sure everyone thanks 
Whosdaman for his help with that. 

10/4/08, Guitardoc64 deserves a big thanks for looking over the file, and fixing
 spelling mistakes and zip code errors, So everyone give Guitardoc64 a Thank You

10/11/08, New Cities are added, Added Puerto Rico into there.
 Added more canadian cities, And fixed some mistakes with other cities. 

10/16/08, New cities, nothing to major

10/21/08, State of Louisiana is now included thanks to Guitardoc64 for that.
 Working on adding more cities all the time, Keep request coming. 

11/11/08, Sorry to everyone i have been busy and not around here, so i am sorry for slacking everything. 
Enjoy.

Last edited by conflipper; 11-11-2008 at 10:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 50 times.