View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 07:58 AM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What exactly is a Rom kitchen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0riginal View Post
Ok I just came over to the pocket pc world so im trying to get familiarf with everything. So what exactly is a rom kitchen?
ROM = Read Only Memory

On a PPC, this refers to the image that is loaded on your phone. A rom kitchen let's you "play" and alter that image to what you want.

So the ROM contains the image (all the programs and settings) that your device contains when it is first turned on.

A ROM kitchen let's you create/alter that image to what you want...quite addictive.

I have been updating mine since January. All the new programs, new tricks I learn, and other stuff keeps me busy!

This post has been thanked 1 times.