Old 09-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Tpimp420
Lurker

Tpimp420 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Removal of sprint customizations & PRI 2.04_033 xv6800 guide

****DO NOT LET SPRINT CUSTOMIZATIONS INSTALL****

Hi, This guide is for all those verizon customers out there who have accidentally let the sprint customizations run on their xv6800. Most often it causes loss of data and a permanent Roaming indicator. In some cases even puts you so far gone that when you dial *228 you get a sprint message.
The problem is caused mostly by two cabs that are installed during the sprint custimizations:
signed_071210_7500_SPCS_2.00_PRL60610.sa.CAB
GetGL.CAB

IF these two cabs get installed on your Verizon phone you're in some trouble. You can flash and flash and flash but as long las you have the PRI 2.04_003 on your system there will be no verizon service.... (this wont work on moguls cloned for verizon)

Solution:

#1-
You can Try the Radio Refurbish Cab described in this thread. I've heard of it working elsewhere.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=406312&page=2

But that didnt work for me , So I did this.-

AFter reading a couple different threads on removing the PRI installed by the new xv6800 verizon update-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421143

and this one which is basically the same but here on ppcgeeks.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35874

Anyways- both of the articles are meant to help for the people who installed the new VZW update. I found my self in a slightly different situation. I tried the solutions in both of these post with my PRI always reverting to the sprint 2.04_003. So here is my walkthrough if you accidentally let the sprint customizations install on your xv6800.
I came up with a solution.
First you will need two files (packages of files)

- Remove PRI 1.rar - contains:
Stock rom/radio flash kit (Thanks to people at XDA)
Titan Radio 1.40.00
DCD titan VZW rom 1.6.7

- Remove PRI 2.rar - contains:
Titan SPL 2.4 install
DCD Verizon Titan Carrier.Cab
Titan 3.42.50 Radio
Sprint official 3.56 rom/ 3.35.04 radio

A VERIZON Rom compatible with Titan Radio 3.35.04 is nescessary and I did not provide it. I used a Rom I built personally
using BUILDOS from PPCKitchen.org, or you can obtain the Latest DCD rom from google. I recommend getting a rom that installs Verizon customizations as an OEM. Most importantly it needs to be compatible with Radio 3.35.04.
You can go HERE to look at rom Compatibility

Also you will need a 2Gb micro sdcard to flash the 3.42.50 radio (OPTIONAL)

1. Revert to Olipro 1.20 and unlock Titan. Open Remove PRI1.rar. Unrar
GetBackToStockXV6800.zip. And Unzip the folder GetBackToStockXV6800. Open it ,then open "First". Use titan unlocker. If you get lost read the read me in the "Titan Unlocker" Folder. After you finish running Titan Unlocker you should be at Olipro 1.20 bootloader.
2.Flash Back to Stock ROM and Radio. Open folder "second" in the "
GetBackToStockXV6800". Run the RUU and flash to Stock Rom. After the Flash, Hard Reset, and Take out the Battery for 3 seconds. Put it back in and let Winmo boot up. Let the Verizon customizations install and it soft reset.
3.Getting Back Data Connection.
After you've successfully rolled back the PRI to 1.35_002, your DMU keys will be corrupt causing you to be without data. You need to either Call VZW customer service (*611) or usw your online account at vzw.com to swap to a different handset and then back to your xv6800(forcing a reset). Use *228 to re-authenticate your phone to the network and make sure Data works. (Dont continue unless it does or you will have no Data on your new roms)
4.Flash Radio 1.40.00. After getting data working connect your phone to active sync and flash the 1.40.00 radio. It may hard reset your OS but your DMU keys will stay good. Do a *228 and make sure everything works including data.
5. Flash the DCD 1.6.7 ROM. After re-programming the Titan with the 1.40 Radio on it, Connect it to active sync and flash the DCD 1.6.7 ROM in Remove PRI1.rar. When the Flash is finished let the DCD Rom boot up and install the Titan Carrier Cab from Remove PRI2.rar and let it soft reset. When it boots back up re-program it and do a *228 if you need to until you have all services back.
6. Flash Olipro 2.40 Bootloader. Now connect to active sync again and run the Titan SPL 2.4.exe. Flash the new bootloader. After the flash you should be stuck in bootloader 2.40. Unplug the usb and plug it back in.
7.Flash the Sprint Official ROM/Radio 3.35. After re-connecting the phone to usb flash the sprint ROM from the 2.40 bootloader. After the flash make the phone enter bootloader mode before it boots up (Hold Power button and Camera button while you press soft reset).
8. Flash custom built VZW ROM. At this point I flashed a custom built rom from BUILDOS using the No_2chem_Titan_WM6.1_5067 kitchen. Thats what I would recommend trying. But at this point I believe you can flash to any compatible rom. Do a *228 to re-store serivce with the new radio if youd dont already have it.

At this point you should be done and in the clear to flash to other roms as you would like.
CHECK PRI- after every flash check to make sure the PRI is stil 1.35_002. If that PRI changes you need to start over. I had a lot of trouble getting it to stick thats why I wrote this.

9.(OPTIONAL) Flash the latest Radio 3.42.50. To do this. Format a 2GB micro sd (or smaller) for FAT32. Open the included Titan_Radio_3.42.50.rar and put the TITAIMG.nbh on the sdCard. Put the the sdcard in and put the phone in bootloader mode. Follow the on screen directions and enjoy. This wont even hard reset.

10. ENJOY

~~TPIMP~~

Last edited by Tpimp420; 09-04-2008 at 02:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.