bakntyme
Regular 'Geeker

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: XV6800 Bricked

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelazcoro View Post
I would be considering any suggestions as to what to do now....first I unlocked the phone after getting the WM6.1 update. Everything was fine except for the sound over the USB, which I could live without. Then decided to unlocked the phone and that point the phone was stuck at the bootloader. Ok I figured that it might be missing the OS but first I decided to install the "dcd_titan_2.1.0_vzw_softwareupdate" and after this all I kept getting was the Verizon white screen with the "no radio" message in red letters. After that I decided to do the "titan_radio_3.27.00" update to see if that would fix the radio problem. After that install the phone shut down and all I get is the red LED when I plug the phone to the PC. The bootloader wont come up with a HARD or SOFT reset. I did notice that after that radio install on the phone the pc did see the modem portion of the phone and installed the drivers on its own. I been reading and readin forums but none say what to do with a bricked phone so here is the million dollar question. WHAT IS NEXT???
You are now one of the few who have actually successfully bricked a Titan. Your phone is in "download mode", a status for which there is currently no known recovery other than taking it back to your carrier for replacement (hopefully you are under warranty). You don't want to go into the whole story with the carrier; just "it won't turn on" should get you a replacement. It looks like the first mistake may have been using the Olipro 1.20 "unlocker" with a GPS-enabled ROM...that is a no-no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
His phone is bricked end of story. The causes are RED light means battery is dead or device is bricked. If the device will try and load new drivers when you put the battery in, then the phone is in download mode. This is a base level EEProm flash to flash a core system boot loader, note the J-tags also need replaced on the ROM. The only people with a way to fix this right now is HTC until a few kind people I asked to try and get one from HTC come through "doubtful" or ImCokeMan figure it out. So till then the device is bricked. The other options is RED light and no drivers try to load then the ROM fried and the phone is a paper weight.

Repeat because it seems to be needed, there is NO BOOT LOADER on his phone anymore!

As stated flashing 3.35 with 2.4SPL and Special_4350.nbh or flashing 3.35 to 3.27 can/will cause bricking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.