laforr77
N00b

laforr77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul + Vista + WMDC = not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.burleson@gmail.com View Post
Ok, I have a Sprint Mogul that I cannot get to sync with my Vista Laptop. I can plug in the phone, charge light comes on and I here the USB connection sound. Software is installed...Windows Update is runs. I then installed WMDC and it finished. All complete but the Phone does not sync.

Sync does not recognize my device.

I tried disabling the Advanced features in the USB to PC on the device but that prompted me with the error that I need to install ActiveSync 4.5 which does not run on Vista.

I then tried installing ActiveSync on my xp machine and voila! Worked like a champ no problem...except...I need to sync with my laptop. Any help?

Here are the vitals:

with latest ROM

Windows Mobile 6.1
CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1)

Windows Vista SP1
32-bit

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1
Version 6.1.6965

Please help, I am running out of sheet rock in my house to put my head through.

Thanks, Tim
Just curious, but why did you install Windows Mobile Device Center? I thought it comes pre-installed with Vista. I have never installed it on either of my computers (both are running Vista SP1). Likewise, I haven't had any issues getting my Mogul to sync with either computer.

When I want to setup sync with a new device, I just plug in the device via USB and WMDC either starts automatically, or I have to manually start it. Either way, after the program starts I choose to "Set up a new sync relationship" (or something to that effect) and let it do its thing. So for you I would delete any sync relationships that already exist on your comp and start fresh that way.

BTW, I don't recognize that HTC USB Sync driver either. Might want to get rid of that too, as you suggested.