Old 08-28-2008, 12:59 PM
dragon76
Lurker
Threadstarter

dragon76 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: always tethered???

The data kit of course isn't required for our phones since active sync is free for download and the usb cable is a standard off the shelf one.

Verizon does not yet own Alltel. It is still awaiting regulatory approval by the justice department and the FCC. If you check out the FCC website I doubt that approval will take place before the end of November. I am sure that they will push as hard as they can to get the buyout approved before the end of december, if the election goes to Obama. I plan to add two lines for my sons and reup my plan in November to get locked in for two years before the verizon switch as rates are sure to go up and I have been out of contract for over a year.

I will keep hacking around as I get time and see if I can come up with the tethering solution of course. I will use this thread to post any progress. I was MS trained and brainwashed so have lots of registry hacking experience and am quite familiar with the desktop os's. I have now converted to linux for all of my personal computers, except the wife's lappy dual boots with XP for her.

Alltel tech support has confirmed that rumor to me... they told me last Friday that it was going to be 1-2 weeks, which in cellular provider terms probably means 3-4. I won't do the 6.1 update when it comes out until I hear on the forums that it is GPS safe. Thanks for the heads up as it was the rom I was waiting for.