View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 09:04 AM
weedahoe
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Previous 6700 owners, please read and comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by collindv View Post
To those out there that have previously owned 6700's and now use the 6800. I have used a verizon 6700 for the past 1.5 years and am coming up on my new every two renewal period in a week or so. My questions is this, is it worth upgrading from the 6700 to the 6800, or will I not see enough of a difference to make it worth it? I like my 6700 running a custom WM6.0 kitchen and have become accustomed to it's occasional and random lockups, slow downs, soft resets, etc. From my understanding, the only real benefits of the 6800 would be EVDO rev A, working internal GPS with a custom kitchen, and 128MB more RAM.

With the touch pro on the horizon, I would really like to hold out for that, but I know it will be out of my price range for at least a year I would say. I'm not big on paying more than $200 or so for a phone.
As a former 67 user, YES, it is very much worth it. The camera is better, my volume is much more loud and I actually have to turn it down at times. The keyboard is better laid out. The extra ROM space is a plus. The ability to do TRUE GPS is great.

However, I got my 68 on an insurance upgrade but I also will be looking to get the Touch Pro or Diamond Pro or Raphel or whatever they call it now. But also like you, the price will be a factor.