View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 11:11 PM
shadow-tech
Regular 'Geeker

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: always tethered???

see this post after u update ur ROM:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...l+gps+easy+way

oops..just saw the gps patch was already covered.

but u should know there is a rumor that alltel will release an official 6.1 update in 2-3 weeks. it will come with GPS already supported.

But after reading about the new verizon ROM, which forces the GPS disabled unless u pay for it, Im concerted alltel may do the same. even if u flash a new rom over the verizon one its still wont work. there is a hella lota stuffu gota do to get it back. and verizon now owns alltel so...

i think this thread is more important then it may seem. if we could trick the phone into thinking it was tethered we could get our data plans for 10$ a month. now I too am very interested in this. ill see what i can find.

oh yeah, i also love the 'wireless internet kit' at the bottom of the page. 70$ bucks for a usb cable and active sync. am i right on this or is it required?

Last edited by shadow-tech; 08-27-2008 at 11:19 PM.