View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 07:20 AM
DarkLord
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: evdo speed for tethering 6700 vs broadband card

Quote:
Originally Posted by pea****93 View Post
Hello all,

I have a quick question about Sprints EVDO speed. I know the Sprint site states that the download speed is 600kbs-1.4mbs but via my 6700 tethered to my laptop, with full signal strength, the best I can get is ~ 115kbs. Would a broadband card and separate data plan give me the advertised speed on the Sprint site? I looked all through the Sprint site and could not find anything stating that there are different EVDO speeds in different areas. It only states that you either have it in your area or not.

Thanks for any info. you can send my way,

pea****93

i've been fighting this issue for months. my area is supposed to be covered by rev.a. even in areas where i have 100% signal strength i'm getting at the most 800kb down. their speeds in my area (southwest florida) are almost laughable. and when you call them for support, none of the techs know anything about anything. it's just absurd.