View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 01:41 AM
hitman173
Lurker

hitman173 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering on ATT

actually they do and they dont, att has a High Usage Team in all areas of the united states that monitors 24/7 the usage ppl occur on their mobile phones, such as internet/sms/mms/roaming etc. honestly if u have the 30dls plan for pda personal w/e you can tether it woudlnt be a problem at all, they can differenciate between regular internet usage and as well tethering to a computer, usually they suspend ur account and u call customer servc and they explain why but u do not get penalized at all, so honestly the 60dls plan is all bs. u can use it but know how to use it u get me? another trick is u can have the 15dls media net ultd on the account but u might take ur risk, is simple. call att give em' a regular imei of a v3 or a samsung cheap phone and add ultd media net for 15dls, and insert ur sim card on the tilt and the internet will work flawless..that's what i do and on top of that i tether my phone using the communications manager from att and syncyng(w/e) my phone to my computer, with mac's is different im still learning. i only pay 35 for ultd internet and ultd txt w/ the tilt im using. i learned the hard way when they suspended my account, but hey u think they can monitor all 70million wireless users on their servc? nahh