View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 02:14 PM
centrogirl
Lurker

centrogirl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon centro to sprint

I'm not sure which area the centro falls in, so I'm asking this here. I have read several posts on how to switch a sprint phone to verizon. I need to do it the other way around. My 2 sprint phones are dead and dying. I picked up a couple cheap mis-priced brand new centro's (no contract) labelled for verizon. I didn't realize at the time what a good bargain I was getting. I knew that sprint used to have the policy that if the phone didn't have their stupid sticker you couldn't use it. As their new site has buttons all over the place for you to activate "new to you" phones ... with absolutely no mention that they have to be sprint phones ... I thought they had opened up. Obviously, I was wrong.

It would be ~nice~ if they could be reprogrammed completely to have all the features, but I'd settle for resetting the esns so that I could at least use them for calls and texts. I have the esns for the two sprint phones I would be replacing (which aren't the same model or anything, but ARE valid and active sprint esns). I'd hope that once Sprint does open up, I could reset them to their original esns to gain back any features that I can't use in the interim. I'm computer and electronically savvy enough to do whatever it takes, just would like the steps or where to find them.

Thanks for any assistance.