View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 01:08 AM
mpenguin14
N00b

mpenguin14 is keeping up the good workmpenguin14 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Busted Mogul... TEP Questions

So I dropped my mogul into water on Friday. It fell pretty hard and form the moment I took it out of the water it seemed dead. I dried everything out and eventually I has able to get some LEDs to turn on, after some more time my backlight came one, and eventually the screen came one... but when the screen came on it revealed a huge shattering.

I had DCD 3.2.5 on m yphoen and by using mymobler I wa sable to install a stock sprint rom, and relock to the stock 2.07 bootloader from nueSPL 2.47.
So I am content with the software on my phone not voiding my warranty

Now where I am at is my phone starts up and i can see the bottom inch of the screen without a problem, but the rest of hte screen is not visible due to the cracks. The touchscreen is not responsive and abotu half of hte hardware buttons dont sem to work.

I carry the $7 TEP insurance plan on my monthly bill, my phone has a shattered screen and the water damage indicators are red.

Is there any chance I will be able to get a free replacement in store? Or am I stuck going through asurion and paying the $50 deductable?

Has anyone had any experience using TEP for either a broken screen or water damaged mogul? If so did you get it replaced in store? Did you have to go through Asurion? Were you offered a touch? (If you were offered a touch what did you do (Take it, wait for mogul)?)

thanks