View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:46 AM
JQuill
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EASY solution for Mini USB output to car stereo/3.5mm aux input

Only a few posts here so far but I've def. been a fan of the roms for my Mogul here for a while Now...kudos to all you guys...anyway, I am very picky when it comes to Audio, I hate using adapters to go from one size to another. After not being able to find a mini usb to 3.5mm cord, and not waning to pay $12-$30 for a Mini USB to 3.5mm adapter. I found it's easy to take your wired HTC headset, and create a straight cord with no adapters needed...it takes less than 5 minutes and is basically free. It's very easy...

What I did was snip both earbuds off the end of their respective wires on the headset with a pair of wire cutters, then striped a little bit of the the rubber shielding off the cut ends to expose the copper wire. Radio Shack sells a 3.5mm male jack (a standard male headphone jack) for $1 plus tax. Simply attatch the left and right exposed wires to left and right contacts on the 3.5 jack and you've got a USB mini to 3.5mm basically for free and no adapters needed. Plugs right into my Vehicles AUX input and I was surprised and how good it sounds on the Infiniti sound system my car has. This little cable i made when I was bored saved me from spending hundreds just for a CD player that supported bluetooth.