View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:17 PM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular

dc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I found ExtRom CAB descriptions from a thread on PDAPhoneHome http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...t=extended+rom. It lists ALL of the ExtRom CAB's, including Junk. I have shown the *=Necessary and +=Optional ones for Sprint below:

*IOTA.sa.CAB - Installs for Vision provisioning.

*PP_IOTA_v1_10_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Installs something called jTelDll.dll. Has to do with IOTA.

*Cert_SPCS.CAB - Disables the security feature from asking permission to run a certain program.

*Cert_SPCS.sa.CAB - Installs certificate.

*Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB - Installs some sprint customization.

+DirectShow.sa.CAB - Has to do with windows media player. Seems to be associating avi,3gp,mp4,m4a,mid,midi,rmi,amr,awb,3g2,qcp with that program.

+Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB - Related to RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB. Seems to give option to set midi, mp3, amr, etc for ringtones.

+PhoneSetting_HelpFile.sa.CAB - Adds PhoneSetting.htm help file and add Clear Voicemail Icon setting.

+PowerICON.sa.CAB - Removes Bottom right battery icon.

+PP_ErrCodeForSPCS_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Installs code translation. i.e. instead of Error Code 64 it will say "Unknown error. Sign in failed. Please try again. If the problem persists, turn your phone off then turn it on again."

+PP_Version_Apac_206303.sa.CAB - Adds in HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\3rdversion string MSYSTEM = 2.06.303 WWE which apparently makes a Item in Device Information called ExtROM with a description of 2.06.303 WWE.

+PT_RemoveHTCBatteryICON_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Removes bottom right battery icon and remove title bar clock.

+ResString.sa.CAB - Has something to do with HKLM\Security\ResOver with parm name 56. Replaces Regcover.

+RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB - Lets you have option of "set as ringtone" where it will copy the file to /windows/rings.

+TimeSnyc.sa.CAB - Makes it so that the time sync option is visible under Phone setting. Funny thing is that it's visible by default.

+ButtonLock.sa.CAB - Change button lock from Do not Lock buttons to Lock all but power.