Lurker
Threadstarter

Kyusaku is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldya
I tried looking around the wx again, in Settings>Connections>Beam and there are no options like that. and in Contacts... there's only an option to beam a selected contact (also if you didn't know... to BT send a contact, highlight it and select Beam and then wait when the beam screen pops up. your BT will search for nearby discoverable devices to send to over OBEX).

but on palm OS, there was something similar to what you're talking about. But there you also had to make a contact for yourself and designate it your ''Business Card''. Then you could just ''Beam Business Card'', saving maybe 3 screen taps to goto contacts, find your name, and beam that.
Thanks for the help, that's what I thought. I know how to beam contacts over bluetooth, but was hoping there was some sort of special designation for your own contact information, so you wouldn't have to add yourself in your contacts book. Which can look odd. Because there are times when I meet someone and they want my contact information, I just send it over bluetooth, instead of giving them my information vocally.

Something like that PalmOS option is what I was really looking for, but I guess WM5 doesn't have it. Very odd. To me your own information seems like the most beamable item, I don't care for beaming other people's information for the most part as most of my contacts are personal ones.

I appreciate the effort in trying to help. I'm somewhat new to the Treo, only had it for a week, but I'm throughly enjoying it.