View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 01:55 PM
datawrhsdoc
PPCGeeks Regular

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
White Spot and KB Problems -- What to Do?

Just got a refurb yesterday from Sprint CS as the USB port had fallen out on my original warrantied Mogul (4 months since purchase).

Unfortunately, the refurb has the white spot problem and the keyboard doesn't consistently register key strokes. I called CS, and they told me they are out of stock as are the local Sprint stores. So, I've got 3 choices:

1) Take it to the Sprint store and wait for an hour or two while they try to fix it (they claim that they can, but I'm rather dubious)
2) Have Assurion replace it for $50, and Sprint will credit me $50
3) Wait for Sprint to get additional stock which might be a week or two

Anyone think that the techs can actually fix the white spot problem and keyboard? While it seems that having Assurion replace it would be the fastest option that won't be a time suck for me, what are the downsides of doing that? For example, if the replacement goes bad within my original warranty period, who am I dealing with and at what cost?

Thanks,
Doc